Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Lord


Tears of regret return again
As I sit again empty-handed
I cried before I said a word
I crashed before I landed

As I fell through my mistakes
I thought of You the entire way
Still I hope You love me so
Oh, how I pray that I’ll stay

Flowers bloomed in a dead world
In all of the wrong places
And every time I hear Your words
A smile thrives on the saddest of faces

You mean the world to me
What will I do when without You
Surely I can’t fake a smile
It feels all too wrong

Suddenly I can understand
What You meant when You’d say
“When you walk to me, I run to you.”
Missing You nearly kills me everyday

Who am I to turn to? Only You
When my soul has been forsaken? Only You
It is always only You
That kept me warm when I was shaking.

You held me and made me strong
Always stay and bless me
I’ve healed because of You, not time
And now the old wounds barely hurt

Yes, I have cried because of You
Over sweet, sad songs that reach my ear
But am I really sincere?
Oh how I long for you my Lord

One more time, may I ask?
Will you sweep away the pain again?
Remind me what life’s worth living for
Bring down the heavenly rain
Your eternal sweet unwavering signs of love,
Though I wasn’t obedience
You comfort me with drops of tear
Your words tells is always a miracle

For the moment I won’t
But somehow I know the tears will return
I know this because I am just a forgetful lover
I feel the pain burn.

Every thought of You is the sweetest
But without you I feel colder than ever
I need Your love, my comfort
I need You oh my Lord.

You’re the only One who knows
What I’m thinking of.
So, please help me, my Lord,
I believe in Your eternal love

No comments:

Post a Comment